About | | Blog | Writing | Contact

overland wants you!

Overland has a lovely clean new website to celebrate the fact that you are going to subscribe to Overland in the inaugural

Go on, subscribe to overland. At only fifty bucks a year (39 if you’re a student or a pensioner), why not give a christmas subscription to your favourite lefty intellectual relatives while you’re at it?

Not only is Overland very clever for stealing the subscriberthon concept from community radio, it’s also a bloody great read. Why, just this issue there’s a wonderful take on Nick Cave’s mysogyny that had me laughing out loud, a swag of new exciting poems and short stories, a cool piece on Cave Clan… and a review of my chapbook, gosh. And heaps more.

Overland was the first ‘proper’ journal to publish one of my poems back in 2003, so their track record vis-a-vis talented nobodies is impeccable.

7 Comments

1. jazz wrote:

hey its jazz hannahs neice i like your book u sent us creative see you on the holidays cya jazz

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 4:51 am | Permalink
  2. jenjen wrote:

hi jazz! looking forward to meeting you 🙂

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 6:12 am | Permalink
  3. Paul wrote:

In the olden days, Jen, I would have said, "Will this orgy of cross-promotion never end? My reader is filling up with advertisements. It's not like there isn't important issues, like the new Government funding policies, The National Libraries digitisation program etc etc that could be discussed."

But these days I am a reformed character and will limit myself to a "Good luck, everybody!"

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 12:28 am | Permalink
  4. jenjen wrote:

yes paul, i too have succumbed to the promotional meteor shower that is subthon. thank goodness it only lasts for one week. normal programming will return on tuesday, i promise.

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 12:38 am | Permalink
  5. kylie wrote:

the Nick Cave piece sounds intriguing/amazing

Saturday, December 5, 2009 at 1:14 pm | Permalink
  6. jenjen wrote:

you can read the whole thing here and discuss it here!

Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:55 am | Permalink
  7. jenjen wrote:

oh the original discussion is here.

Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:57 am | Permalink